Delivery and Returns Policy
1. Delivery Policy
For orders over R250, Spree delivers free of charge within South Africa, either door-to-door, door-to-counter or to a Pargo point, depending on where you’re located. For orders under R250, Spree charges a non-refundable R50 fee to deliver either door-to-door or door-to-counter, depending on where you’re located. If you reside outside of a main centre but would like door-to-door delivery you can select that delivery option for a non-refundable R200 delivery fee.
During the checkout process, Spree will determine your delivery options based on your delivery address and postal code. For South African orders, irrespective of whether you select door to door delivery, or door to counter delivery, Spree will deliver within 2 – 6 working days depending on where you live.
Why is Spree now charging a R50 Delivery Fee on orders less than R250
When Spree launched we offered our shoppers Free Delivery within South Africa irrespective of the size of their order. Spree also offers South African shoppers the most attractive returns policy giving customers 30 days to return their products to Spree free of charge.
Shoppers who spend R250 or more will still get Free Delivery within South Africa, door-to-door and door-to-counter depending on where they’re based. All shoppers, no matter how much they spend on their order, will continue to have 30 days to return their items to Spree, free of charge.
Delivery Type, Fees and Time Frames
During the checkout process, Spree will determine your delivery options based on your delivery address and postal code. For South African orders to main centres, irrespective of whether you select door-to-door or door-to-counter delivery, Spree will aim to deliver within 2 – 4 working days. For South African orders outside of main centres, irrespective of the delivery type you select, Spree will aim to deliver door-to-door or door-to-counter within 4 – 6 working days.
Spree’s South African delivery options, fees and proposed delivery times are summarised below:
Area Order Value Delivery Type Delivery Time Delivery Fee Main centres in SA Over R250 Door-to-door 2 – 4 working days FREE Outlying areas in SA Over R250 Door-to-post office 4 – 6 working days FREE Outlying areas in SA Over R250 Door-to-door 4 – 6 working days R200 Main centres in SA Under R250 Door-to-door 2 – 4 working days R50 Outlying areas in SA Under R250 Door-to-post office 4 – 6 working days R50 Outlying areas in SA Under R250 Door-to-door 4 – 6 working days R200
1. As buyer, you indicate where in South Africa you require delivery, as well as contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery.
2. In the case of door-to-door delivery, your parcel will be delivered to the address you specified in the checkout process.
3. In the case of door-to-counter delivery, your order will be delivered to the post-office nearest to your address within the postal code you selected.
4. In the case of door-to-pargo point delivery, your order will be delivered to your selected Pargo point.
5. On inputting your address during checkout, the site will indicate to you whether your postal code qualifies for door-to-door delivery, door-to-counter and/or door-to-pargo point delivery.
6. In the case of door-to-door delivery, if nobody is present at the address at the time of delivery, our courier will on the second attempt of delivery leave a note (in the letterbox if a residential address) to indicate that there was an attempted delivery.
7. The courier will try once more (third attempt), and if at that time there is still no one to sign for the parcel, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
8. Should a delivery fee have been charged on the order, this will not be reimbursed, given that the courier has attempted delivery on numerous occassions.
9. In the case of door-to-counter delivery, if the parcel is not collected within 30 days of it being delivered to the post office, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
10. In the case of door-to-pargo point delivery, if the parcel is not collected within 8 calendar days of being delivered, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
11. Unless we inform you otherwise, before you place your order and before the final confirmation, the estimated maximum delivery time for an order in South Africa – either door-to-door, door-to-post office counter or door-to-pargo point - is 6 working days.
12. As outlined above, all Spree standard deliveries take place during business hours i.e. there are no deliveries over weekends or on public holidays. Please take this into consideration when selecting your delivery address.
1. This is a premium service offered to customers based on certain areas of Cape Town who would like to select an exact date and specific time-slot for their door-to-door deliver.
2. Premium shipping is currently available in specified areas within Cape Town and the availability is displayed upon checkout, based on the delivery address.
3. Premium shipping is only available when paying with credit or debit card, or paying via instant EFT.
4. The slots displayed at checkout are the only available slots and cannot be amended.
5. After selecting a date and time slot, the customer has 20 minutes to complete payment and place the order. Failure to do so may result in losing the selected time slot.
6. Preferred date and time delivery is available on working days only (no weekends or public holidays), from 09h00 – 18h00, in below specified slots at the associated surcharge.
DAY 9am - 12pm 12pm - 3pm 3pm - 6pm Same Day R49 R49 R49 Next Day R38 R38 R38 Two Days R29 R29 R29 Three Days R19 R19 R19 Four Days R19 R19 R19
7. One attempt will be made to deliver the parcel within the specified slot. The customer will receive a notification that the driver is en route. Should there be no one available to sign for the parcel, the driver will attempt to contact the customer telephonically, on the contact number supplied on the order. Should this fail, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and the customer will be refunded the Rand value paid for the items in the order.
8. If the customer is responsible for failed delivery (not available, incorrect address supplied, etc.) the delivery surcharge is non-refundable since delivery was attempted.
9. Return collections cannot be scheduled for a preferred date and time – customers will need to make use of the return methods available for their applicable suburb and postal code, i.e. Courier collection or posting the parcel back to 4 Packer Avenue, Epping Industria II, 7460.
What is Pargo?
Pargo provides online shoppers with a great delivery alternative by utilising hundreds of Pick-up Points throughout South Africa. These points often have generous opening hours, with some points such as fuel stations being open 24/7.
You will be notified once your parcel has arrived at the selected Pargo pick-up point and reminded again 48 hours later. An additional reminder will be sent 96 hours after the parcel arrives, if it has not been collected at that point.
With Pargo you can:
Have your parcel delivered to any of the approved Pick-up Points.
Customers can pick up their parcels on their own time once the parcel has been received at the selected pick-up point.
Kindly note that your parcel will remain at the pick-up point for 8 days (including weekends). Failure to collect during this period would result in your parcel being sent back to our Warehouse.
Returning items received via Pargo
The shipping method of your return would be based on the collection address: if the parcel is being returned from an area in which our couriers operate, they will arrange to collect from your selected address. If our couriers do not operate in that specific area, you will be required to post the parcel back to us. Kindly send us the receipt for the postage, as well as your banking details and we will refund the postage fees via EFT.
2. Late Delivery
The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 ("ECT Act") entitles you to cancel your purchase within 7 days’ notice if the products you have purchased are not delivered within the agreed delivery period as specified in the Spree terms and conditions. The product(s) in question must be returned to spree.co.za in their original state, including all labels. Any such cancellation must be done by via the Spree call centre by either calling 087 740 1010 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Spree will then refund you.
3. Stock shortages
Every effort will be made to ensure that Spree can fulfill your entire order once a purchasing contract (“sale”) comes into effect. However, if when packing your order, Spree is unable to fulfill certain product(s) in your order:
3.1 Spree will notify you thereof by emailing you and by allocating store credit to your Spree account to the value of the Rands paid/ Spree gift vouchers used for the product(s) that could not be sent to you. Should you wish to be refunded for the products that could not be sent to you please reply to the email received, in order to inform our client service team that you wish to have your store credit converted into a refund. Your requested refund will be to your credit card should you have paid by credit card and into your bank account should you have paid by EFT or SnapScan when you placed your order. Kindly include your banking details in the email, should you be requesting an EFT refund.
3.2 and you used a promotional/ discount coupon against all or part of the product(s) that cannot be fulfilled, Spree will not allocate the value of the discount/ coupon as store credit. Please refer to the specific coupon terms and conditions for more information on whether the voucher will be reinstated and, if relevant, how the reinstated voucher will be sent to you.
3.3 and Spree does not notify you thereof via email beforehand, and you only become aware of the fact that the product(s) is/are missing once you receive your parcel, please contact Spree as soon as possible on 087 740 1010 or email email@example.com to notify Spree thereof so that we can resolve the situation as quickly as possible. If contacting Spree via email regarding missing the product(s), please use your order number and the phrase “missing product(s)” in your subject line of your email.
4. Returning non-defective product(s)
5.1 Save for certain products that are excluded from this policy (including purchases of underwear, swimwear and earrings), you are entitled to return any purchase concluded on Spree and delivered within South Africa free of charge within 30 days of the product(s) being delivered. Spree will also pay the cost associated with collecting the return from you. In order to obtain a refund to the rand value of the purchased items being returned, the product(s) being returned must be sent back to Spree in accordance with the return procedure set out in section 9 below.
5.2 Consequently, if upon receiving your purchase you are not satisfied with your choice of product(s) and wish to return it for a refund as aforesaid, please retain the product(s)’ original packaging, with labels attached, and do not wear the product. In particular, if you want to return non-defective jewellery (excluding earrings) and/or accessories (excluding underwear), please ensure the items are returned in the exact condition they were received in, and in their original packaging, with labels attached.
5. Returning incorrect product(s)
As specified in our T&Cs, Spree will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the product information, availability, purchase price and associated delivery times and fees are accurately reflected on the site.
However, should Spree deliver the incorrect product(s) to you by mistake please do not remove the product from its original packaging, do not remove the labels or try the product on at all. Please contact the Spree Call Centre on 087 740 1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: your order number – Incorrect Item) as soon as possible. Spree will resolve the error by arranging to collect the incorrect product(s) from you and to deliver the correct product(s) to you as quickly as possible. Please do not try and remedy the situation by placing another order for the exact same product you were trying to purchase.
6. Returning defective product(s)
If Within 6 months of delivery of a product, you find that the product is faulty, not commercially acceptable, unsuitable for the purpose generally intended (or otherwise expressly indicated by Spree at time of purchase), or not legally or reasonably durable (based on the circumstances and product type) ("defective");
7.1 Please contact the Spree Call Centre on 087 740 1010 or email email@example.com (subject line: your order number – defective item) to notify Spree thereof. Spree will request pictures of the defective product and will arrange to collect such product from you so that it can be inspected by the Spree Quality Assurance team. If the product is subsequently found to indeed be defective, you are entitled to either –
(a) be fully refunded, or
(b) have the product replaced at Spree's expense (the decision between repairing or replacing being that of Spree's depending on availability and other relevant circumstances, and in this regard you acknowledge that Sale/ On Special products will usually only be able to be repaired).
If the product is found NOT to be defective and is commercially acceptable, you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund but will instead be liable for the costs incurred in having had such product returned to Spree, and then redelivered to you.
7.2 A product is NOT defective and you will NOT be entitled to any, replacement or refund under the general warranty above if
(a) The faults/damage are a result normal wear and tear;
(b) damage arising from incorrect usage of the product;
(c) the item has a reasonable amount of manufacturing or production imperfections, but is acceptable in accordance with the generally accepted commercial practices.
Certain products may come with a supplier's guarantee. If so, this will be stated in the product listing on the site. Clear details of these guarantees are given in their listings and no shopper may ask to be covered by a wider-ranging guarantee other than the one shown on such product listing.
Unless defective, the following product types may not under any circumstances be returned to Spree:
8.1 For hygiene reasons, due to their nature: non-defective underwear and earrings. You may, however return swimwear, but we'll only accept the return if the hygiene strip is still in position and it's clear the garment has merely been tried on and not worn. We also request that you keep on your underwear when trying on our swimwear.
8.2 Products that you or any other person has altered, repaired, incorporated or added to where such alteration, repair, incorporation or addition has not been authorised by Spree.
8. Return procedure to be followed
As outlined in Section 7 of this Delivery and Returns policy (Exclusions), please do not return any excluded items to Spree.
In the event of Spree having sent you an incorrect product, please follow the procedure as outlined in Section 5 of this Delivery and Returns Policy (Returning incorrect product(s).
Should you wish to return an item that is defective or faulty, please follow the procedure as outlined in Section 6 of this Delivery and Returns Policy (Returning defective product(s).
Should you wish to return a non-defective product within 30-days of the date that is was delivered, please retain the product’s original packaging, with labels attached, and do not wear the product at all. Please follow the return steps as outlined below:
Log in to Spree
Need to return something? It's easy! Simply request a return using our online returns process at www.spree.co.za/returnsLogin here
Fill in return formSpecify the reason for the return.
Specify if you want to receive credit on your account or a refund.
Pack item into box
Pack the product(s) in their original protective packaging to secure the product(s) you are returning. Then pack the product(s) into the original Spree delivery box, along with the printed delivery note that was in the box when you received it. If you are returning shoes, please place the shoes in the original box and do not tape the shoe box closed - all shoe boxes should be placed in their original Spree box
Carefully seal the delivery box in order to make sure the parcel is safely returned to Spree.
Should you be returning products from multiple orders at one time, please carefully pack the products belonging to the same order number together, and include the relevant delivery note recieved with each order. This will ensure a swift returns process.
Returning the parcel
If your parcel was originally delivered to your door, our courier will contact you to arrange to collect the package from the address you supplied. The courier will contact you within 3 working days of you requesting the return. Spree will pay for the cost of returning the parcel to our warehouse.
If your order was originally sent to you via the post office, you can return it to Spree by posting it back to us from the post office of your choice. Please use the following address when posting the package back to us. Please clearly write your order number on the package to speed up the returns process.
Spree QC Returns, 4 Packer Avenue, Epping, Industria II, 7460
Once you have posted your return back to Spree, please take a photo of your post office slip and email it, together with your order number, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your banking details in the email so that Spree can reimburse you for associated postal costs.
Within 10 working days of the returned product(s) having been cleared by Spree Quality Assurance, Spree will process the relevant refund:
a. Should you have requested store credit, Spree will process store credit to your account
b. Should you have paid for the associated order via Credit Card, the refund will be processed to your credit card
c. Should you have paid for the associated order via EFT, your refund will be processed to your bank account.
d. Should you have paid for the associated order via SnapScan, your refund will be processed either via store credit or to your bank account.
Please note, you risk delaying the refund process if the steps outlined above are not carefully followed. In addition, you will NOT be entitled to any refund if returned product(s) are not sent back to Spree in the exact packaging it was received in, with labels attached, in resalable conditions. Spree also reserves the right not to refund a returned product if the product is returned without its original protective packaging and not safely packed in a delivery box. Furthermore, Spree will not process a refund on defective or incorrect products should you not have followed the procedures set out in Sections 6 and 7 of this Delivery and Returns Policy.
9. Processing of credits and refunds
Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall either be effected on the credit card used to purchase the product, or be deposited into the bank account used in the Electronic Funds Transfer, within 10 business days of the returned item having been cleared by Spree quality checking.
Where your Spree account has been credited, you will be entitled to use such credit towards other purchases made by you on the site. Do take note, however, that you cannot request that refund the credit on your profile in the form of cash once you opted for the credit option.
If you bought a sale item and want to return the item, the reduced price will be paid back to you and not the full price.
If you want to return an item that you paid the full amount for but is now on sale, we will only pay the full amount as credit on your profile and not in the form of cash in your account. If you want a payback, the amount of the reduced price will be paid back
If you redeemed a coupon against your purchase, and wish to return the product from that purchase, the rand value paid for the product being returned will either be refunded or credited to your account as per your request. The value of the coupon that was redeemed will not be refunded to you, or credited to your account. Please refer to the specific coupon’s terms and conditions to understand whether the coupon will be reinstated and the relevant terms that will be applied.
10. Fraud Prevention
Spree reserves the right to refuse, in the interest of fraud prevention, processing any payment for any order, and/or to cancel any purchase partially or completely, with notice given to you. Spree will be responsible for returning funds for the cancelled portion of the order to you only if you have already paid such funds.